Brand New | 12 Months Manufacturer Warranty |
This RV pump fitted with a worldwide single phase motor and is factory set to 115V/60Hz. It can be switched to 230V/50Hz on request (just add notes to your order).
The pumps comes complete with 1L of Ultragrade 19 oil and a KF25 centering ring and filter on the inlet.
The RV series of small oil sealed rotary vane pumps deliver excellent ultimate vacuum pressure, high pumping speeds and superior vapour handling capabilities with quiet operation. With over 300,000 units produced, these pumps offer proven performance that sets the industry standard for R&D and scientific pumping applications.
All RV pumps are approved to CE, UL and CSA standards by an external test house and feature our unique mode selector switch, meaning one model is suitable for both high vacuum or high throughput applications. In summary, you can rest assured that when you choose an Edwards RV oil sealed rotary vane pump you are choosing a product you can rely on from a company you can trust.
Download the brochure here
|50Hz||3.7 m3h-1 / 2.2 ft3min-1|
|60Hz||4.5 m3h-1 / 2.6 ft3min-1|
|Speed (Pneurop 6602)|
|50Hz||3.3 m3h-1 / 2 ft3min-1|
|60Hz||3.9 m3h-1 / 2.3 ft3min-1|
|Ultimate pressure||2.0 x 10-3 mbar / 1.5 x 10-3 Torr|
|Ultimate pressure GB I||3.0 x 10-2 mbar / 2.3 x 10-2 Torr|
|Ultimate pressure GB II||1.2 x 10-1 mbar / 9.1 x 10-2 Torr|
|Ultimate Pressure with Fomblin®||2 x 10-2 mbar / 1.5 x 10-2 Torr|
|Max inlet pressure for water vapour||80 mbar / 60 Torr|
|Max water vapour pumping rate – GB I||60 gh-1|
|Max water vapour pumping rate – GB II||220 gh-1|
|Max allowed outlet pressure||0.2 bar gauge / 2.8 psig|
|Max allowed inlet and gas ballast pressure||0.5 bar gauge / 7 psig|
|Motor power 50/60Hz||450 / 550W|
|Power connector 1-ph||IEC EN60320 C13|
|Nominal rotation speed 50/60Hz||1500 / 1800rpm|
|Weight (without oil)||25 kg / 55 lb|
|Oil capacity min/max||0.42/0.7 litres|
|Recommended oil||Ultragrade 19|
|Noise level||48 dB(A) @ 50 Hz|
|Operating temperature range||12 – 40 °C|
All our RV pumps are significantly quieter – noise levels of 48 dBA 50Hz are typically half the noise of a conventional pump and have been achieved by extensive work on the drive train and motor.
The pumps have the unique ability to deliver excellent ultimate vacuum in both high vacuum and high throughput modes with or without gas ballast. This gives the user an unrivalled opportunity to select the optimum pumping performance without compromising the application.
In its high vacuum mode, the RV pump is ideal for analytical instruments, electron microscopes, physics research, backing turbo pumps and leak detection applications. Configure the same pump in the high throughput mode, and it becomes suitable for distillation, laboratory furnaces, backing vapor pumps, solvent concentration, freeze drying and other drying applications.
The simple to use mode selector and accessible, three-position gas ballast control allow the pump to be reconfigured at any time, even when the pump is running.
Features and Benefits
- High reliability – generous lubrication of moving parts.
- Safe process and systems – fast acting inlet valve for best in class anti‑suck back protection.
- Configured to meet your vacuum needs – mode selector and two position gas ballast.
- No unplanned downtime – designed for easy maintenance.
- Better work environment – quiet running and intrusive frequencies minimised.
- Two position gas ballast allows either 60 g/hr or a class leading 220 g/hr (290 g/hr on RV12) of water vapour to be handled.
- Universal motor to cover the widest possible voltage and frequency range from a single variant.
- Smooth controlled inlet valve opening by oil pressure to eliminate pressure surges.
- Rapid closing inlet valve within 0.4 seconds of pump stopping.
- Analytical instruments
- Laboratory bench top vacuum
- Turbomolecuar backing pumps
- Freeze drying
- Research and development
- Centrifuges, ultra-high speed
- Degassing/curing - oil, epoxy resin
- Gas bottle filling/emptying
- Gel drying
- Glove boxes, ovens
- Leak detectors, Helium
- Load locks and transfer chambers
- Refrigeration manufacture
- Rotary, centirfugal evaporators
- Scanning electron microscopes - SEM
- SEM/FIB (ion beam repair)
- Solvent recovery
- Surface science instruments